Community
Search
Notices
Control Lines For all you fly-by-wire fanatics!

mono line

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2024, 03:22 PM
markwesti

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mono line

Any mono line flyers out there ? I'm interested in this , but I don't have a good understanding of it . I have seen the Stanzel units , although I'm more interested in the torque tube types . Mainly I don't see how the control line attaches to the torque tube unit . Also does anyone know how to get in touch with a guy called the "Speed Hippy" from the Flight Lines page ?
Thanks , Mark .
Click image for larger version

Name:	c40.slotcover.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	2274138
Old 04-26-2024, 07:03 AM
AJ Sun

Received 28 Likes on 28 Posts

Shulenburg Texas May have know what your looking for. That's the Stanzel museum. I visited their many years ago. I've always flown Stainless lines so I know nothing about what your inquireing about. But they might be able to help you. And explain just how that single line attaches and works. AJ
The following users liked this post:
markwesti (04-26-2024)
Old 04-26-2024, 05:47 PM
qazimoto
My Feedback: (1)

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by markwesti
Any mono line flyers out there ? I'm interested in this , but I don't have a good understanding of it . I have seen the Stanzel units , although I'm more interested in the torque tube types . Mainly I don't see how the control line attaches to the torque tube unit . Also does anyone know how to get in touch with a guy called the "Speed Hippy" from the Flight Lines page ?
Thanks , Mark .
Attachment 2274138
The line from the handle passes through the cavity in the wing. It has a loop at the end just like a two line set. The loop goes over the brass "bobbin" just like the wire loop from the torque tube but from the other side. . The control line wire will need to be solid for it to work. I can supply pics if you need further explanation.

Last edited by qazimoto; 04-26-2024 at 06:56 PM.
markwesti (04-27-2024)
Old 04-27-2024, 08:34 AM
markwesti

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you qazimoto . Yes I would really like to see the pictures . Also do you know where I can buy the line and other related parts ?
Mark .

Last edited by markwesti; 04-27-2024 at 08:36 AM.
Old 04-27-2024, 06:36 PM
qazimoto
My Feedback: (1)

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Mono Line

Well I've taken some pics but the forum won't let me post them for some strange reason. The single wire just has a normal loop on the model end. It's pushed down the wing cavity and the loop goes over the bobbin.

You can buy solid steel control line wire from Mervin at: MBS Model Supply

The minimum wire diameter for monoline for your class of model is in the C/L Speed rules published by the AMA. Here in OZ it's .016" for .29 powered models.

The stuff for US Speed flyers is available via the North American Speed Society at: https://clspeed.org/

I'll see if I can work out why I can't post pics.

Ray

Last edited by qazimoto; 04-27-2024 at 06:43 PM.
markwesti (04-28-2024)