Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > Forum questions or problems
Reload this Page >

***Introducing the all-new RCU Marketplace!*** (coming 3/21/18)

Notices
Forum questions or problems Post any questions about how to use the forum or any bugs/problems you may be having in this forum.

***Introducing the all-new RCU Marketplace!*** (coming 3/21/18)

Old 03-24-2018, 07:41 AM
fishhock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

CONGRADULATIONS you have ruined the best rc web site available. Worst than a cheap copy of rc groups. slow incomplete ect. So long
Old 03-24-2018, 07:47 AM
cfnicklos
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Trying to figure out this new RCU

Hello, it would appear.. so far.. that RCU has turned into, primarily, a social media website. For years, I have utilized the classifieds area of the site, with minimal on the forum side of the site. I am probably not seeing something; however, in this new version, I am not seeing ways to drill down in a category. In the previous site, I could pick, for example "airplane", then drill down to "jets", then drill down to "turbine". Now, all I can get to is "airplanes". If there is not something that I am not seeing, this is going to render this site useless to me. Additionally, not seeing the obvious links to setting up a favorite search, wishlists, etc.... Any help would be appreciated (was supposed to be easier?)
Old 03-24-2018, 08:55 AM
oriole
My Feedback: (19)

How do you accept an offer? Is an invoice generated and sent to the potential buyer?
Old 03-24-2018, 09:50 AM
paulsf86
My Feedback: (52)

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Now I will have more time to build since I will not spend any more time on rcu. new buy and sell is a mess. might as well put my stuff on craigs list.
Old 03-24-2018, 12:52 PM
rmadsen

I agree with all of the current negative feedback. I just tried to search For Sale within 50 miles of my zip and got ads from all over the country. It's too bad companies feel the urge to "upgrade" their sites without actually adding value. My guess is that the original site was contracted out to some other web hosting company, then RCU decided to change vendors for financial reasons and we users suffer. Consider also that RCU is a "free" site that relies on advertisers for revenue. Here is an interesting fact by observing my ad blocker data - the old site had 5 ads being blocked. This site now has 12 ads being blocked. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know which site will make more revenue for RCU.
Old 03-24-2018, 01:23 PM
sysiek
My Feedback: (176)

Received 90 Likes on 65 Posts

Who got paid for this mess? Please post his hear picture ,just need to know who to blame for fu..up the best place to sale buy or other posts ,please fix it before it's too late.
Old 03-24-2018, 01:24 PM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

Oh yeah,, and no more block list,, now the guys who I don't want to do business with can post their nonsense on my ads

So
no ratings/feedback
No sort by distance,
No invoice system
Clunky reply system opens in new window
No way to PM directly in ad

Maybe someone can point out just one advantage to this new system??,, so far I see none
Old 03-24-2018, 01:35 PM
tp777fo
My Feedback: (28)

Received 126 Likes on 87 Posts

Totally screwed the pooch! Cant sort by airplane type i.e. warbird, jet, scale etc. Have to scroll through loads of **** I dont want to look at. Just pull the plug on RCU...save the misery.
Old 03-24-2018, 01:39 PM
sysiek
My Feedback: (176)

Received 90 Likes on 65 Posts

Hey IBoby did you see this ? Fix it before is too late .
Old 03-24-2018, 02:22 PM
amilcar

Default new place

yes it sucks ,give me headaches looking all those for sale ads all together I just bought and engine from a member that he had it posted in the old rc universe web site and expired ,and now he posted here .
to buy the engine I just contact the guy then he send me the paypal info and I send the payment ,no invoice like in the old way ,no way to rate the transaction ,no profile I can look on ,,so I just have to trust the seller ...
now I don't know if there's a way to get and invoice or rate the transaction but if it's looks to complicated or if it's just me that I like the one click approach and done ,
But after many many years on rc universe and 82 positive ratings I'll have to sadly say i'm out of here ,unless they keep the old version of course.
I'll go to RC GROUPS ,if I have to buy or sell something ,I been using that for a while and looks more user friendly ...
like I said before thanks to the rc universe community and web site for allow me to buy/sell and even make good friends on their website ...

Last edited by amilcar; 03-24-2018 at 02:25 PM.
Old 03-24-2018, 02:42 PM
MR>ED

Default New thread

So far this new site sucks.every time you look at an add it goes back to the first page. Slower to bring up adds.
Old 03-24-2018, 03:06 PM
[email protected]
My Feedback: (444)

Default I have and ad a few days old that runs for months

Can I move to the new format without paying $24.00 again?

Custom Plane Building, Plans, Kit, or Ideas (ID: 1132838)
Old 03-24-2018, 04:34 PM
Jim Porter
My Feedback: (4)

Truly screwed up.
The original categories were definitive and easy to browse - NO MORE.
The usual case of doing something just for the sake of change or just because you can.
Not at all well thought out.
Old 03-24-2018, 05:02 PM
paulsf86
My Feedback: (52)

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I will never use loginnow. I guess I am done with RCU
Old 03-24-2018, 05:12 PM
AltEnergy
My Feedback: (2)

Nothing like a software rewrite written by someone who has no clue as to the requirements of the end user. Only a moron would take away 90% of the functionality for filtering etc. and claim that the new version is new and improved. As with the comments on airplanes, you used to be able to look at engines broken down by 2-stroke, 4-stroke etc. Now all one big co-mingled database with no relevant filters. In addition, I have gotten spam adds when clicking on specific entries which never occurred in the "old" version.
Old 03-24-2018, 05:36 PM
tdevince

After viewing an ad, how do I get back to where I was in the marketplace. Hitting the back button sends me to page 1, I then have to find which page I was on to continue my browsing. It would be nice if the back button took me to the page I was on when I selected an ad to view.
Old 03-24-2018, 06:23 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

needs to be able to set view to more than 20 per page. not counting those godawful featured adds.
need to be able to mark it sold when it sells. so we do not have to go to the add just to see it was already sold.
Old 03-24-2018, 08:14 PM
JR Davis
My Feedback: (106)

Been a member of RCU for a lot of years and this new format is a screwed up mess. I'll give you some time to correct the issues, but if things aren't corrected soon, bye bye. As the old saying goes, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Old 03-24-2018, 09:20 PM
4*60
My Feedback: (41)

Originally Posted by IBobi
We are working to preserve them if at all possible. Stay tuned.
If not possible then someone did not work hard on conversion. Even if you added the plus and minus to the biography section as a statement. These ratings are very important to people.

BTW I used to click on sale ads and then click on category which was all the stuff I had indicated I wanted to see. Now I will need to click on any number of categories every time I come here. Maybe the economics are not there but the big system conversions set up a test, invite some users to look and try to fix bugs before going live. But hey lets wipe out 50 years of development methodology and go with the new kids who know everything.
Hope you can recover some of the features.
If I understand correctly the ads were a pain to try to maintain as custom code but it was a good system.

One other thing the display of the ads was much more compact compared to the new ads.

Last edited by 4*60; 03-24-2018 at 09:25 PM.
Old 03-24-2018, 09:47 PM
4*60
My Feedback: (41)

Originally Posted by Mpizpilot
Not a fan at all. The "since last visit" button will be missed.
1.AGREED!!
2. I would like to know also how to mark my test ad "sold". I choose the option and it does nothing
3. When I go to page 2 of the ads after perusing page 1(so on ad 41-??) and I select an ad and then after looking at the ad I hit the back button I return to page 1, the first ads. I should have retained that I was on the 41st ad (focus?? whatever)

Last edited by 4*60; 03-24-2018 at 09:56 PM.
Old 03-25-2018, 05:06 AM
nose gear
My Feedback: (69)

This sucks. Keep it I'm gone. Been here a lot of years. Listen to your users, these are the people who made you and can also break you.
Old 03-25-2018, 05:36 AM
jetaholic
My Feedback: (8)

This new setup is the best thing that's happened............................For RC Groups!
Old 03-25-2018, 09:45 AM
rutanman
My Feedback: (10)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I'm confused too. Money savings for RCUniverse?

Originally Posted by jetaholic
This new setup is the best thing that's happened............................For RC Groups!
I think RCGroups had this happen once when someone once changed the RCGroups icon to a guys face (because he was temporarily supervising the website - done as a joke). But everyone assumed that their website was hacked - led to everyone - Buyers and Sellers being afraid of posting to site. RCGroups was quick to change back and apologize for the gross mistake.

Why the change? When looking for quality used rc equipment, I have always checked RCUniverse, RCGroups and Flying Giants Classifieds. Picture, location, price, distance, city, state - all close together in an ad (was a great advantage to me). But with the new setup, I see pic and description on one side of the screen and have to turn my eyes/head to see the price (not user friendly in my opinion).

I can click on a sub categories (if I must) but I don't want to type keywords to find items of my interest. The subcategories, if set up correctly should do that for the buyer. Also, liked sorting ads by distance. Can't even figure out where this feature might be.

The biggest drawback on buying an item is location. Shipping on larger items is now super expensive. I used to rule out items just by seeing that an item was out of state - now I can't even tell what state an item is in??????

I am sure that I'm not alone in these feelings, in fact; I may be in the majority. Long time users should have sat down with programmer to give a thumbs up or down before release to the public. Then the new version should've been beta released to public for some fine tuning.

Hate to criticize, but I am totally confused by the new marketplace.
Old 03-25-2018, 10:30 AM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

another gripe with the new setup.
why do we have to re look at the featured adds on each and every page of the classified listings. if they were something one of us would be interested in, we would look/click it on the first page. it is just a big waste of space on the subsequent pages.
which are more than necessary, because they are set to 20 real adds per page and no way to reset them to 50-60 per page, which is what i like.
Old 03-25-2018, 11:58 AM
TexasFlyBoy
My Feedback: (30)

Very disappointed! I loved the old format and it is what kept me coming back to RCU to do all my trading. This "all-new" format is the same garbage FG uses and I hate it with a passion. It seems RCU marketplace has chosen to step back more than 20 years. I'll be leaving with the old format.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.