Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Which One Is "Better"?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2017, 02:38 PM
rednation1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which One Is "Better"?

Hi! I'm new to RC! Which one is the "better" RC to get, Traxxas TRX-4 Land Rover Defender or HPI Venture FJ Cruiser?? Traxxas does not come with battery/battery charger and is $50 more. Thanks!
Old 12-09-2017, 04:08 PM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

I think you have to ask yourself what matters the most, to you, when comparing the two platforms. Extra features cost extra money. Just on looks alone...HPI's Venture FJ Cruiser is the winner. It's just my opinion. I wouldn't need remote locking diffs, or the 2 speed tranny on the Traxass TRX-4. Sure it's nice, and how bad do you want it?
Old 12-10-2017, 12:47 PM
suburban_hooligan

Received 62 Likes on 58 Posts

its been my experience that anything with the traxxas name on it is over priced and under performing. i would be concerned with all the extra crap on the traxxas, how useful is it? and how much more top heavy does it make it? iv never heard anyone say, "gee i wish i could remotely lock my diff's"
it's also more parts to maintain, and more parts that will eventually wear out/fail and/or cause headaches when using the truck.

just something to think about.
Old 12-14-2017, 06:35 PM
DieHarder

I'm no Traxxas supporter, but the TRX-4 does have two big things going for it.

1. Aftermarket Parts Support
2. Portal Axle

Personally, I would go for the SCX10 II over the other two. Plus, they just released the new Trail Honcho. Its a cheaper rig in more ways than one, but it still is quite the truck and you can upgrade EVERYTHING if you wish to in the future. New aftermarket parts for both the TRX-4 and SCX10 II are being released daily.
Old 12-23-2017, 10:42 PM
Faras5

My vote is for Trx-4 enjoy the new model and be happy to say Merry Christmas to everyone,
Old 12-24-2017, 06:30 AM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

Oh now we're throwing the Axial SCX10 II into the mix. That makes choosing a lot simpler .

Ding, ding, ding. The RC that is available as a kit is the winner!

Sorry. I couldn't hold back when given a chance to "plug" need for RC kits.
Old 12-24-2017, 11:00 AM
suburban_hooligan

Received 62 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by RustyUs
Oh now we're throwing the Axial SCX10 II into the mix. That makes choosing a lot simpler .

Ding, ding, ding. The RC that is available as a kit is the winner!

Sorry. I couldn't hold back when given a chance to "plug" need for RC kits.
me and my growing box of crappy RTR electronics agree with you

plus the SCX10 is basically the benchmark for scalers. often imitated, never duplicated, some try and go the stupid gimmick route, some with the more scale looks route. but no one seems to be able to match the most important aspect, functionality